The Singer Start 1304 is an entry-level mechanical sewing machine made of heavy-duty metal and thus durable. But it is also light in weight and thus supports portability.
It operates at a maximum speed of 750 stitches per minute and has 6 built-in stitch types. Although each of them is pre-customized in terms of their length and width, the required pattern can be easily chosen using the stitch selection dial.
Singer Start 1304 comes with an easy threading unit that helps you pull the thread through the needle’s eye at ease. There is even an automatic bobbin winding system that aids in the quick winding of the bobbin.
There are many other controls that make the use of this machine easy, even for beginners. One such intuitive element is the start/stop button that helps to control the machine’s function electronically.
Besides, the machine is also provided with a free arm that facilitates sewing of cuffs and other cylindrical parts, two vertical spool pins that make twin needle sewing hassle-free, and three different types of presser feet.
Despite these favorable elements, Singer Start 1304 also poses some problems. These include threading issues and the un-customizability of stitch length and width. Discover more on these by reading along!
What I Like About
- Sturdy Frame: The machine is strongly built as it imbibes a heavy-duty metal-made internal body. This ensures lesser vibration and skip-free stitching while assuring durability even with prolonged use.
- Start/Stop Button: There are many intuitive controls on the machine, including a start/stop button. This greatly eases the control of the machine, especially at the initial stages.
- Light Weight: Singer Start 1304 is light in weight and can be carried from one place to another easily. This makes it attractive for users who wish to move it from workplace to training center and vice versa.
- Free Arm Availability: Free arm supplied with the machine makes the work a lot easier! It helps sewing of small cylindrical parts like cuffs, sleeves, and collars quickly and professionally.
What I Don’t Like
- Fixed Stitch Length and Width: Although having length and width fixed relieves you from tension, it poses a great threat to customization. Thus, this feature is disliked by people who wish to create unique patterns.
- Threading Issues: Singer Start 1304 poses some challenges when it comes to threading. One such issue is with the front-load bobbin system, the loading of which demands the removal of accessories component and remembrance of bobbin orientation.
Stitch Number & Options
Singer Start 1304 comes with 6 built-in stitch types, namely straight stitch, zigzag, scallop stitch, satin stitch, blind hemming, and one automatic 4-step buttonholing. Any desired stitch can be chosen by turning the associated dial but cannot be personalized in terms of length and width as it is pre-fixed.
This portable sewing machine operates at a maximum speed of 750 stitches per minute. This optimal speed makes it preferable amongst beginners at the entry-level as it would facilitate its easy control.
Singer Start 1304 is featured with one 4-step buttonholer that aids in creating attractive buttonholes in 4 easy steps. This saves you a large amount of time while rendering a professional finish.
Automatic Tension Adjustment
Thread tension in Singer Start 1304 gets automatically adjusted to an optimal value that yields the best results for the chosen pattern. Thus, you can start sewing attractive seams without getting tensed!
Singer Start 1304 comes with a retractable free arm that greatly helps to stitch smaller pieces. It becomes extremely handy while sewing cylindrical pieces like coughs, sleeves, and collars that would otherwise be very time-consuming.
Dual Spool Pins Options
This machine is fitted with two vertical spool pins at its rear end to aid twin needle sewing. Using this feature, you can create two parallelly lined stitches simultaneously, resulting in attractive patterns on the fabric.
Singer Start 1304 is provided with 25 years of warranty during which you can claim for any damaged parts or components. This considerably long period of guarantee gives you a sense of security by stressing high machine quality.