My rating for the Juki MO-6814S serger: 4.2
Looking for an advanced serger that can handle all types of fabric and is suitable for all types of users? Finding a serger that can handle easy sewing tasks and both difficult jobs? The Juki MO-6814S serger is the best fit for your needs.
The Juki MO-6814S serger is an absolute gem that comes with plenty of features, making it suitable for tailors, intermediate-level sewers, and professional sewers.
Although packed with tons of impressive features, the Juki-Mo 6814S overlock serger will not overwhelm beginners, and it is easier to use and promise versatility and cost-effectiveness.
What I Like About
- This serger is simple to use, its simplicity and useful instruction shorten the learning period considerably
- Fast stitching speed helps you finish complicated tasks much sooner
- Thread number is an essential feature of a serger, and this Juki MO-6814S offers 4 threads which help you create a myriad of high-quality stitches
- Less vibration and noise compared to other sergers at the same price range
- The adjustable feed dog height lets you handle all kinds of fabric
- The delivery is fast, and the customer service is excellent
What I Don’t Like
- It is a bit tricky to set up because the manual is not clear enough, but Youtube helps a lot.
Where to Find the Best Deal?
- Stitch Type: 2-needle overlock
- Stitch style in the U.S.A: 514
- Max Sewing Speed: 7,000sti/min
- Stitch length: 0.6 ~ 3.8 (4.5) mm
- Needle gauge (mm): 2.0
- Overedging width (mm): 2.0, 3.0, 4.0
- Differential Feed Ratio: For gathering 1:2 (Max. 1:4), For stretching 1:0.7 (Max. 1:0.6)
- Needle bar stroke: 24.5mm(60H: 27.0mm)
- The inclination angle of the needle: 20°
- Needle bar bushing: Lower bushing method
- Needle: DC×27 (excluding some subclass model)
Fast Stitch Speed
The maximum stitching speed of this high-performing serger is up to 7,000 sti/min, and you can create delicate and beautiful seams even run at the highest speed. And thanks to the optimally-balanced design of the serger and the servo motor equipped, it produces the least vibration and noise, which in turn increases the durability of this serger machine.
Lower Applied Tension
The lower applied tension of this serger makes it works great on both light and heavyweight fabrics. With the combination of this serger’s features and your creations, you can compose great designs with extra finesse.
Provided with a needle thread take-up mechanism and a looper thread take-up lever, this versatile serger works especially great on knit fabric and is capable of creating high-quality and well-tensed seams with an aesthetic texture.
In addition, this durable sewing machine comes with a wider and brighter needle entry, offering a more comfortable sewing experience and an easier operation.
Micro-Adjustment Differential Feed
The micro-adjustment differential feed, which is a useful setting to help control the movement of both the front and the rear feed dogs easily and help you perfect your seam finish.
When you set the differential feed ratio at 1.0, the feed dogs move simultaneously. When the differential feed ratio is set at less than 1.0, the front feed dogs move slower than the rear feed dogs, stretching the fabric as it is sewn.
This is effective on lightweight fabric that may pucker. When the differential feed ratio is set at greater than 1.0, the front feed dogs move faster than the rear feed dogs, gathering the fabric as it is sewn.
Juki MO-6814S Serger/Overlocker Assembly
Adjustable Feed Dog Height
The feed dog height is adjustable, enabling easy adjustments according to the material you use. Included in the box with your purchase are a drawer, a belt, a wide sewing table, an instruction manual, and everything you need to start sewing.