The Singer Pro 5 14T968DC is a top-of-the-line serger with enough adaptability and capabilities to solely use as a professional machine. It has a stitch arrangement of 5-4-3-2 and a variety of stitch patterns.
It comes with various configurable features and attachments to make operating as convenient and pleasant as possible. The Singer 14T968DC is a serger that is capable of handling even the most demanding sewing projects.
While threading can be challenging at first due to the loopers and top needles’ unusual positions, it consistently creates smooth, precisely uniform stitches on various fabric kinds and thicknesses.
The workbook also provides detailed, illustrated threading instructions as well as stitch methods and recommendations.
- Automated tension control, color-coded threading, a movable top knife, and built-in rolled hems are just a few of the automatic features and functions of the Singer Pro 5 14T968DC.
- In addition to the standard serger stitches, this serger offers the unusual ability to make multiple cover stitches.
- The serger’s heavy-duty metal frame eliminates vibrations while in use.
- Because this machine has a lot of complex functions, it’s more expensive than other Singer models.
- Threading the Singer Pro 5 by hand may be difficult and time-consuming.
- Some components are composed of plastic, which makes them less long-lasting.
- It comes with a variety of stitch types and hem options. It also has an automated self-adjusting tension management mechanism.
This serger has 14 built-in stitch choices, allowing you to pick from 2, 3, 4, or 5 threads to create a variety of stitches.
The 5-4-3-2 stitch capabilities of the Singer 14T968DC serger ensure a flawless stitch with rolled hems, cover hems, chain stitching, and more.
There are four built-in rolled hems on this serger, as well as an easy-access lever for shifting the stitch finger into the correct position.
To maintain seams firm and minimize cloth bunching, alter the stitch width and length on all stitches.
Adjusting the length and breadth of the stitch settings lets you tailor the stitch to your specific project requirements.
- 2-thread wrapped edge overlock
- 2-thread overedge
- 3-thread overlock
- 3-thread flatlock
- 3-thread rolled hem
- 3-thread ultra-stretch mock safety stitch
- 4-thread ultra-stretch mock safety stitch
- 4-thread safety stitch
- 5-thread safety stitch (narrow)
- 5-thread safety stitch (wide)
- Cover stitch (narrow)
- Cover stitch (wide)
- Triple cover stitch
- Speed: 1300 stitches per minute
- Number of Needles: 2
- Threads: 2-3-4-5
- Stitch Width: 3.0 to 9.8 mm
- Differential Feed: 0.6 to 2
- Light: LED
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 18.6 lbs
Capacity for Coverstitching
Simply because of this function, the Singer Pro 5 makes out among sergers in this price range.
When working on projects or garments, there’s no need to move between your sewing machine and serger to make a fake coverstitch hem because a coverstitch option is incorporated.
You have three options for coverstitching: narrow, broad, or triple.
Self-Adjusting Tension System
Self-Adjusting Tension System When you choose a stitch, the machine automatically changes the thread tensions to the correct setting.
It’s as simple as twisting the stitch selection dial to get perfectly balanced stitches.
Adjustable Differential Feed
Adjustable Differential Feed The adjustable differential feed regulates the movement ratio between the front and rear feed dogs, allowing the fabric to flow smoothly beneath the needles. This flexibility is critical for generating smooth, uniform stitches, particularly when working with elastic or fragile textiles.
Color-Coded Threading & Lay-In Tension Guides
Threading all of the needles and loopers is undoubtedly one of the most difficult tasks with manually threaded sergers. To make threading easier for users, Singer included a color-coded threading instruction directly on the front of the serger.
The serger will automatically set the tension if you follow the color-coded guidance and place your threads in the correct channels.
You may convert the work area into a free arm by simply sliding the detachable accessory box off the serger. This feature makes finishing sleeve cuffs, collars, trouser hems, and other tiny, complicated sewing jobs a snap.
Singer provides a 25-year manufacturer’s guarantee, a 2-year warranty on all electronic components, and a 90-day warranty on parts and labor.
The Singer Pro 5 14T968DC is a flexible sewing machine that can handle even the most difficult professional or household sewing projects.
It has a wider choice of stitch types and hem characteristics than other comparable machines. It also has an automated self-adjusting tension management mechanism, which makes it one of a kind.
While it is more expensive than many other popular sergers, it offers more options in terms of comfort and control.
Despite its apparent flaws, the machine’s built-in stitch capabilities, customizable stitch control, and many extra accessories make it a machine that will satisfy those ready to pay a premium price.