If you are looking for an industrial-grade serger that can work smoothly on various fabrics, then the Juki MO-6716S is the one for you. It is a 2 needle, 5 thread industrial-grade overlock machine that guarantees strong and flexible stitches.
Though this overlock machine is three times the weight of a home serger machine, it is quite efficient and works smoothly. The serger machine offers a whopping 7,000 stitches per minute, allowing you to create high-quality stitches even at top speed.
And it comes with a presser foot that can be lifted to a height of 7 mm, meaning that you can work with thick fabrics or multiple layers effortlessly.
The serger machine is usually sold as a package that comprises a Servo motor and a heavy metal table. And those looking for a fast and versatile machine should have a look at the Juki MO-6716S model.
What I Like About
- When it comes to purchasing an industrial-grade machine, the quality cannot be compromised. This Juki serger machine is constructed using solid metal, which makes it strong and durable. But this is also the reason why the machine is on the heavier side.
- Since the Juki MO 6716S comprises a Servo motor, it is known to have a quiet operation. The noise of the Juki MO 6716S is similar to the traditional industrial models, which is quite minimal.
- Unlike other industrial-grade machines, this Juki MO 6716S is an easy-to-use machine.
- The stitch lengths and the sitch widths are all adjustable (stitch lengths: 0.8mm – 4mm; stitch widths: 1.6mm – 6.4mm)
What I Don’t Like
- With the Juki MO 6716S, threading is manual, which can be tiresome and complicated as well. If you are a beginner, it can take time to get used to the threading section.
- This industrial-grade overlock machine only produces the basic overlock stitches with 3-5 threads.
Features of Juki MO-6716S Serger
The Servo motor does not only reduce the noise level but is also known to use 90% less energy than the traditional motors in other machines. At the same time, you can easily reverse the motor by flicking a switch. Besides, you can select a stitch speed on the Juki model. Once you set the speed, it won’t speed up or slow down even if you apply pressure to the pedal.
Adjustable Cutting Widths
You can adjust the cutting width of the seam allowances by manually setting it between 1.6 mm and 6.4 mm. It is quite a simple process like loosening a set screw on upper and lower knives. You can choose your preferred setting as per your project and then retighten the screws to secure them.
Increased Tension Control
Simple tension controls make easier tension adjustments. This can be used for decorative purposes for your sewing projects. In every setting, the Juki MO-6716 produces effortlessly smooth and even stitches. This is quite a popular feature to look out for.
Advanced Stitch Control
With this advanced stitch control, you can choose the number of stitches, select the length of the chain-off thread you produce, and set the length of the reduced-tension sewing when you first start sewing.
Adjustable Differential Feed
The differential feed feature on the machine comprises an internal micro-adjustment mechanism. This is attached to the external control, offering you complete control of the feed ratio settings and the feed dogs. The adjustment ratio is between 1.2 to 1.4, allowing you to work with multiple fabrics and create amazing designs.
This Juki MO 6716S machine has a limited 90-days warranty only on labor.
The Verdict: Who Is Juki MO 6716S For?
The Juki MO-6716S is a reliable machine with excellent consistency. The machine is mainly designed for overlock stitching of fabrics that are light, medium, or even heavier. The sturdy frame and the quiet Servo motor allow you to sew clean, even stitches on various fabrics even at the top speed. Moreover, the oversized metal table offers you a spacious work area for large projects.
Although this serger machine doesn’t come with automatic functions that you can found in other expensive models, Juki MO-6716S is durable enough to serve you for years.
All in all, it’s a high-performing serger suitable for tailors, sewing enthusiasts, and novices interested in the serging world.